Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Eves Blast from the Past


Seven Christmas's ago Logan was Joseph, Victoria was Mary
Walt is attending the Utah Ground Water Association convention held each year in Nevada. ( I am still trying to figure the location choice.)  Anyway, I am alone for a few days and decided to do some catch up.  Christmas was wonderful as usual and it seemed even more so with not having to worry about adult gifts this year.  The pain I have been putting up with in my right shoulder was almost gone by Christmas Day, so I was able to totally enjoy it.  Christmas Eve was held with our usual breakfast.  We are still able to seat everyone for big occasion dinners, but it is getting pretty tight.  We always do buffet.  We supply the ham, pancakes,  and paper goods.  The rest of the family brings eggs, hash browns, syrups, strawberries, whip creme, juices, and everyone brings bacon.   We always have a family home evening centered on Christmas.  This night is probably my favorite night of the entire year.  I was going through some of the older pictures and found some from our Nativity Christmas Eve home evening years ago.  As I am using my blog for journaling and will publish to hard copy every couple of years, so I wanted to get these included.  The children are so much older now, and of course, some grandchildren were not even born yet.  The pictures were taken with my old camera so the quality is not too good  
Our three wise guys, oops, wise men, Jade, Justin, and Brad

Brad was a very wise man.
Walt was the narrator.  (Does Walt ever age? He looks the same today) We sang a song about each event of the birth of Jesus. Taiha, our angel, looks tired.
Morgan was a shepherd, Lesley a cute little lamb
Josie and Taiha are angels, Morgan a shepherd, Lesley a lamb
Then appears our grouchy donkey, Jaxon

<><>
&lt;>
<><>
Even our dog Moe made an appearance.  Precious Moe was killed in a four-wheel accident several years later.


4 comments:

katy said...

How cute, I wonder why I don't have one memory of that in my head. Wish I did. Glad you took pictures.

Anonymous said...

Kim wrote: "I love seeing those pictures again!! My kids were so little and so cute! I miss that so much...thanks for reminding me of the wonderful memories!

Jess said...

ha ha I have memories! Not so much of the actual program but of that Christmas. Katy funny you don't remember. This was the Christmas before You got married. Funny memories.

They are all SO old now! Crazy!

Cannon's said...

How fast time passes. It's hard to believe that two of my five weren't even a thought yet. I loved that Christmas. It was so much fun. The kids are so tiny and cute!