Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Repentant Blogger
I was feeling really bad about ignoring my blog since LAST summer. As a matter of fact, my last post was about Granny Boy Camp, and I just finished another one a few weeks ago.   I am using this blog for my journal (mostly, I keep more sacred experiences in another journal), so I know posting is important.  I would have loved to have a blog when I was raising my family...to have special photos, journal entries, and then publish it...what a dream.  Well, my family is raised and I still have a busy life that can be documented.  There is no excuse.  I checked out most everyone's blog I follow closely and I realized many are not posting often either.  Has Facebook changed the importance of blogging?  I hope not.

A few months ago, Walt was released from Bishopric after five years.  I realized that with his release has come a freedom. First of June managed four days at our mountain get away.  Last of June we went on  nine day anniversary get away to Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.   May we had a trip to Las Vegas to tour dam at Lake Mead, April off to to Moab Utah for four days where I had a victim advocate conference for one day, and we played the other days.  Walt and I went to my nephew Brent Arnold's wedding in the Twin Falls Temple last week. The Boise temple is closed. We then toured Shoshone Falls and Thousand Springs area, with my brother Steve, as we worked our way back to Boise for a later reception. We brought Ginny, Tim’s wife, back with us.  Some trips have been interspersed with a visit to Cody and Jessi's house in Spanish Fork near Provo.   Walt and I have also been on mountain five weekends in a row.  I ran into a neighbor from our ward today at Costco. She asked if I had been gone all summer.  The trips  have been nice, but I am staying home this weekend.  Our mountain place will be taken over by my Cluff Clan hunters. I usually cook,  just put ear plugs in, then go to my bedroom to read, but I don’t even want to do that much. I am staying home and unpacking my suitcase that has been on the floor of our closet all summer. I still work part-time as a Victim Advocate for the police department, but have been able to work my time easily around this looser schedule.  Walt and I have always enjoyed traveling together.  He has to be in control of the steering wheel as I am content to relax and look out the window.  We have listened to some audio books and great music on Pandora radio.  I just tether my phone to the speakers on our car....no advertisements...just coasting along on the road to somewhere.  Sweet sweet freedom we have never experienced until these last few months. I want to post pictures, but I am going to post this without for now.  I made a goal of writing a post by 5:30 and I want to accomplish at least one goal today.

 

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yay ! way to go mom! I'm a total slacker with my blog now that our lap top screen doesn't work, It's not very comfortable to type with it hooked up to our T.V. . I really need to get on top of it though. LOVE YOU!!

Kristi M. said...

I was bummed that I missed you guys this weekend but so excited to see you at the end of September. You should hear Gunnar. Always asking about you guys and wanting to visit. In no way has Facebook replaced blogging for me. Life has taken over a little too much. That would be my problem. Love you!!

HeidiT said...

It was SO GREAT seeing you guys last month. I wanted to catch up a little more but we headed to Weiser Sat for Ren's Grandpas birthday, so sad we didn't get to chat more.

I for one am still a blog girl :) Facebook just isn't the same and I love printing my books for us to read through later.

Can't wait to hear more about what's going on at the Cluff's!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.