Friday, July 24, 2009

Decision to become a BLOGGER

I learned to type on a Royal manual typewriter when I went to High School. They were able to get electric typwriters when I was a junior or senior. Let's put it this way. I have come a long way. I was an okay typist, but when I was able to get my hands on an electric, I became a fast and efficient one. If you were making multiple copies, on the manual this required a razor taking off the letter on each copy, then replacing a small piece of paper to transfer a new letter on the paper after you had the hit the key hard enough to imprint over the mistake. Took forever. When the great new technology of electric typewriters was invented, a mistake was painted over with a product called White Out. A bad typist could easily produce a paper that looked with it had fallen in a paint bucket because White Out never matched the color of the paper. Fast forward to the computer age. I could not get over the fact that I could just do spell or grammar check and then click "print". Now fast forward again, I have made myself learn to text (which my husband says they had back in the days of the telegraph, so what is the big deal?), I love google, and then came the BIG decision...do I face book, blog, twitter, all of it or none? Most my age have nothing to do with any of it, unless they have children dragging them into it due to long distance. As we have all our children within a few miles, I did not need to utilize tech means to communicate. I see them often. However, to use blogging for journaling? My decision was made. I am now a blogger. Those who want to share, that is nice, those who don't, that is okay too, but hopefully I can journal and have some fun while I am doing it. Then to actually be able to click and publish it? Unbelievable!

3 comments:

Kristi M. said...

It was a lot of fun to help you get this thing set up. It has been about 2.5 years since I had to use the knowledge so it was good to go back to the basics again. The more you do it, the easier it will become and the more you will discover. If you need help, let me know. I know how to get in here. :)

Ann and the Reidster said...

Good job, Pen!

Ann and the Reidster said...

Good job, Pen!