Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mountain Get Away

Walt and I finally got away to Cedar Mountain for five days. His last words while loading the last box was "We will only come down if someone dies". Someone did. Someone we have come to love and respect through the years. We came down for viewing and funeral and went right back up. Walt surprised me with an invitation to go on a 15 mile 4-wheel ride on a trail near Stout Canyon. It rained for a few hours before we left, so the dust was minimal, and the trees and rocks were spectacular. The dust reduction was important to me because I follow Walt on my 4-wheeler and eat his dust,so usually lag far behind, but this trip I did not have to. It was fun and relaxing. My thumb was sore from running the gas feed, but fun none the less.

No comments: