Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkins Hanging on the Apricot Tree

Ever since  our children were old enough to hold a spoon, we have carved pumpkins for  home evening activity on Monday before Halloween.  What started as Walt, myself, and toddler Cori Ann has now grown to 25 people weilding spoons and carving knives.  My sister came for a visit a few years ago and spent our memorable Halloween evening with our family.  She laughed and teased us in that she had "never attended a halloween gathering where the lights went out, scarey pumpkins were lit, and then singing primary songs ."  This year we added our own Cluff rendition of Pumpkins Hanging on the Apricot Tree. 
"I looked out my window and what did I see?  Pumpkins hanging on the apricot tree. 
Fall had brought me such a nice surpirse, pumpkins hanging right before my eyes. 
I can take an arm full and make a treat.  A pumpkin pie that would smell so sweet.  It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be.  Pumpkins hanging  on  the apricot tree."  At least at the Walt & Penny Cluff house.


1 comment:

Kristi M. said...

Wow! that is a lot of pumpkins and a lot of people! That song was pretty cute too. One day we will be that big. How does everyone fit. So fun to be surrounded by family.