Monday, January 25, 2010

Tetons and Twilight


I decided to try my hand at oil painting.  I have tried acrylic(years ago) and pastel (an absolutely dirty experience), but not oils.  Robin saw them and asked where the mountains were, Tetons I told her.  Where? I told her, I am sure if you looked at the Tetons from every angle, you would find a view that might vaguely resemble my painting.  She laughed hard at that.  My other painting is my first attempt at using dark shades.  I wanted it to look like the twilight time of day.  When my daughters saw it, I told them I called it Twilight.  Nati said, "yeah, it looks like it could be Forks, but where are the vampires?"  Yes, my family is into the Twilight books.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

I with Natalie. When I read your title, I thought, "Oh, Aunt Penny reads the Twilight series." = )

They are beautiful. YOU are so talented. Are those your first attempts? Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Great job Pen. It reminds me of when Uncle Boyd started painting. At first they were, well, they looked like a beginner's work, but after some practice he got really good. He taught himself with a little instructive help from good ol' Bob Ross (and his happy little clouds).

Love ya
Josh

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Wow, your pictures are beautiful! I absolutely love them. I'm blown away that you painted those, I had no clue you painted. I will tell my dad to take a look at your blog, so he can see what a great job you did. Were these paintings really your first attempt? I'm impressed. Love you!

Kristi M. said...

You did such an awesome job! I had no idea that you had that talent until you worked on the bottle projects this last summer at my parent's. I am with Lizzie, that when I saw your title I was wondering what you were going to say about the Twilight series.