Monday, January 25, 2010

Sister Robin Visit


Sometimes life hands you an unexpected gift and that is what I got right after the holidays.  My sister Robin came for a seven day stay.  We had a lot of fun, but it was so wonderful to see the progress she has made since her massive stroke a year ago.  Her speech and walk has improved dramatically.  Even her smile has almost returned.  My Sheena gave Robin a "makeover".  She cut, streaked, and styled her hair on Saturday.

Every day we did something fun.  Just our children, without the kids, came for lunch and games Friday afternoon.  Sunday Robin went to church with me.  After I introduced her in Sunday School, the teacher asked if we were sisters in law.  I answered no and then amazed he said, "The same mother and father?"  We have been getting that all our lives.  She is tall and light, me shorter and dark.  Sunday night everyone came over for a dessert night with Robin.    Our big day was a trip to Zion Park with Walt, Jessi, and hubby Cody, but it rained the entire day.  We still went and had an enjoyable time.  I hated to put her on the plane Tuesday, but it was a comfort to know that she would be even more improved the next time I see her.  She decided that she wants to come for a visit every winter.  The weather was sunny most of the time.  She did not wear her coat most of the time.  I told her I have been trying to get someone from my family here in the winter and it has only taken about 30 years to happen.  Most family visits are when it is hot here.

2 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I love that first picture. My mom did say that she had a great time. It was good for her to go. Jeff and I both didn't realize that my mom really is taller than you and I consider her short. hehe. I've never paid that much attention I guess.

HeidiT said...

It's great to hear what you guys did! The only thing my mom could really relay to me was that you went to Zions. She had wonderful time though and was so glad she could see everyone!!