Monday, June 14, 2010

Arlene Park Arnold/ Fun & Raisen Cookies

Steven Jack Arnold, oldest son's memory: (copied from email)
"She was fun.... I remember her dancing in the kitchen many times.
When I was little boy I remember when we were riding in the car and she was driving she would say, Watch, I can drive without my hands on the steering wheel and she would take both hands off the steering wheel.
I remember her quilting with her sisters right there at the Fowler house where we lived just down the hill from Ricks college. I clearly remember it because she would have the quilt elevated and spread out across the living room. Tim and I would play under it when I came home from school. Mom would make those great big raisen filled cookies that had the juice oozing out and give them to us to eat. I never really liked raisen filled cookies.
Sharon  (Steven's wife) has pointed out that mom could prepare a full meal without anybody hardly noticing that she was doing it, and then she would sometimes clear your plate off and put it away before you were hardly done eating.

3 comments:

katy said...

I love reading things about grandma. This is going to be so fun. I really loved her but I didn't feel like I got the chance to get to know her that well because we lived far away. I also feel bad because a lot of the things that I can remember about her and the things that were talked about were the the hard times in her life. I love hearing all of the good things. I can just imagine her quilting and how she must have looked back then. Dancing in the kitchen? I have never imagined her this way before. I just love it. She sounds so fun.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

i loved this- thanks for sharing this with us

Lizzie said...

Thanks for sharing this. It was so fun to read.