Friday, July 23, 2010

Angel Wings vs Broom Transportation

My Sheena is a wonderful hair dresser.  She graciously keeps many in our family looking as good as we can.  I am one of the lucky recipients.  She was cutting Cori's hair, so I went over there for mine.  Usually she is in a sweet mood, gentle by nature, but she had not had a good nights sleep, had some in-law challenges, and was understandably in a what I call a "murmur mood".  We have all been there.    After listening to her discussing her exasperations, I said that it just makes you want to kill them, but the best is to kill them with kindness.  She had a comment or two, so I said to remember there is no problem so bad that kindness can't help but improve it.  She took a deep breath, and I thinking that perhaps my mother-inspired-words helped her mind set, instead she put her hand on her hip and said, "Mother, why don't you just take your little angel wings and fly away home!"  I felt like saying, "I will after you're through flying on your broom" , but I didn't.    The truth is I remember times when a broom would have been a good vehicle of transportation for me.  The truth is I completely understood her frustration because I have been there.  I sent Sheena a text later that said,  "After I flew home with my little angel wings, I did my hair.  It looks great!"  She text back "good, get Dad to take you on a date".  Sometimes I forget that we are not  human beings having a spiritual experience but  spiritual beings having to have a human experience. Sometimes life is just plain fun and so worth it

No comments: