Sunday, July 11, 2010

Packing My Gun and Projects

Summer came like a strike of lightening.  We were unusually cool and then it hit...bam...110 degree.  Last night I looked at our temp at 10:30 p.m.  It was 91!  Why is a cool Idaho girl like me living in an easy bake oven? I have made a decision.  I AM OUT OF HERE.  I am no longer working, my calling doesn't start until end of August, Walt is working all day, the kids don't have any games this summer, so why am I here?  I am going to the mountain and I am not coming down until Jess has her baby the end of the month.    I am going by myself and who wants to visit is welcome.  I am loading up my music, autoharp, painting projects, books, and my gun.  Our 40 acres is a couple of miles from a main road and there are two gates someone has to go through to get in, but I still want my gun.  However, I doubt I will see any one that doesn't have four legs.  Walt will be at Youth Conference in Cedar City, so perhaps he can come for a visit at the end of the week.  Brandon built a wonderful deck for our 5th wheel, so I can put my chair back and feel the cool air.  My goal is to catch up blog on the activities of summer,  finish some projects, and watch the deer, squirrels, and chipmunks.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

hah- good for you! I'm glad you're bringing a gun- you never know!!! Also, I had no idea Jess was pregnant! That is way exciting! Does she have a blog? I wish we had more warm days! The weather is so bi-polar here in southeastern idaho...one day it's hot one day it's cold. I just wish it'd stay the same...but WARM:)