Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Personalized Christmas Ornaments

This Christmas season I had a first for many years.  My contracts with the SW Utah Public HealthDepartment were not renewed due to cut backs, I was released from my Stake calling, and my new ward calling does not begin until mid January.  Walt and I decided to give our families assorted food storage.  I dry packed 2 /#10 cans of sugar, oatmeal, macaroni, and refried beans.  BORING.   However, I had time to play with Christmas.  I took on the task of painting a personalized glass Christmas ornament for those who are through having children, namely Cori, Brandon, Sheena, and Natalie.  I ended up doing small one for Katy, even though they only have little Ivy.  I set up my work area upstairs with the big tv.   I watched movies, mostly holiday, and some chick flicks.  First, I decided on the theme and most certainly it had to be snowmen representing their family members.  I am good at whimsical snowmen and good at trees, so that set the theme.    After the making my key design, I hand- painted them with a speciality glass paint.  I was surprised at how much time these simple little ornaments took to finish.   I baked them in the oven,  let them cure, and then found the perfect gift box.  A hard card board box that can protect them through the years.



2 comments:

HeidiT said...

Those are so cute! I love handmade, personalized gifts. They take one so much meaning and your grandchildren will be able to see them every year when they put them out. You have great talent for painting.

Kristi M. said...

Those are really cute! You are so good at painting. I didn't realize that until you brought your plant water projects to Boise. What a great treasure.