Friday, August 7, 2009

Cedar Mountain

At last, I am relaxing at our property on Cedar Mountain. Our fifth wheel survived all the comings and goings of the "men" in my life preparing for the deer hunt. They archery hunt and it starts the middle of August here. Right now, that means scouting. Yes, scouting must start at least a month before. This year grandson Jade, Dad Brandon, and son-in-law Brian have placed a motion activated camera on a deer trail near a blind. They have seen many big bucks this year.

I listen to narrations of their adventures, cook occasionally, and kick back with a book, art, or my harp the minute they leave. Walt and I are 4-wheeling today, then he is off to scout with his brother Ray. I love the peace of the mountain. I take long walks, watch the wild life, find my rock and gaze at the beauty. We can see many miles to the south from a high point. I call it my peace rock.

1 comment:

HeidiT said...

Ahhhh, sounds great! Makes me want to be there enjoying the peace and quiet.